Timeline Slider


Racing ostriches returned to entertain the crowds. The decade saw record attendances of near 136,000.


Fair Board President Carlton “Dutch” Hough received Outstanding County Fair Award and State Fair Person of the Year Award. A decade of improvements: copper water lines installed in the buildings, blacktop by front and west gates.


Twenty new trees planted each year. Entertainments included first old time fiddle contest, bands at Ag Land Stage, and WGN noon shows. Fairgrounds had grown to 170 acres.


Sandwich Fair is known for the longevity of its vendors. Log Cabin, famous for homemade pie, (operated by United Church of Sandwich) has been at the fair 75 years; St. Paul's Catholic Church stand for 50 years, Otto's train for 55 years, Open Door Rehabilitation Center for 45 years, FFA Zoo for 40 years, King...
Read More


Headliners at the main stage: Justin Moore, Chris Cagle and Dustin Lynch, Easton Corbin and Back Country Roads, Brett Eldredge, and Frankie Ballard. The wood section of the grandstand is closed and the 100-year-old grandstand is torn down. New entertainment includes a hot air balloon, the duck races, and the Lumberjack Show, and a new...
Read More


Burlington Northern Caboose In 1997 Burlington-Northern donated a caboose—a relic of the nation’s railroad age. In 1998 it was remodeled to serve as an office for the electricians. Art by Jackie Dannewitz


Collections Building The present Collections Building (#52) was opened in 1997. Prior to this, displays were exhibited in the Arts and Crafts Building. You will find antiques, nature collections, carnival glass, porcelain dolls, belt buckles, and so many more categories of collections. Art by Jackie Dannewitz.


1945 Grandstand Ticket Office A grandstand ticket office was built in 1945. In 1970 it was moved to Gate 4 on Suydam Road when a larger ticket office was built. The original building (now Main Stage Ticket Office) is used today for main stage and, track and infield ticket sales.


Sandwich Fair Windmill This is a rendition of the original windmill given to the fair in 1997