Category: Pins



The Farm Zoo The Farm Zoo was started in 1967 by Fair Director Milford Clausen in cooperation with instructors and local Future Farmers of America chapters from Sandwich, Shabbona, Somonauk, and Waterman. Part of the 1880 sheep barn was remodeled to house the zoo. Art by Jackie Dannewitz


Burlington Northern Caboose In 1997 Burlington-Northern donated a caboose—a relic of the nation’s railroad age. In 1998 it was remodeled to serve as an office for the electricians. Art by Jackie Dannewitz


Collections Building The present Collections Building (#52) was opened in 1997. Prior to this, displays were exhibited in the Arts and Crafts Building. You will find antiques, nature collections, carnival glass, porcelain dolls, belt buckles, and so many more categories of collections. Art by Jackie Dannewitz.


1945 Grandstand Ticket Office A grandstand ticket office was built in 1945. In 1970 it was moved to Gate 4 on Suydam Road when a larger ticket office was built. The original building (now Main Stage Ticket Office) is used today for main stage and, track and infield ticket sales.


Sandwich Fair Windmill This is a rendition of the original windmill given to the fair in 1997